3D Environment
Evaluation
My 3D environment,
the space ship, felt quite empty overall. I think that I could have done more
for it if I managed my time better, or if I was able to work at home. Despite
this I believe that my final product resembles what I had in mind for the
environment in the first place, I didn’t want the ship to feel cramped and I
only had time to create the essential modules, like the hallway module which
took the longest to make.
The images in my
research helped me a lot when it came to creating certain parts of the ship,
including the rooms and hallways. I managed to get the overall design to
closely resemble my sketches that I’d made during my ideas generation.
When I started this
project I hadn’t used the modeller software for a long time and wasn’t very
confident in my ability to use it, however, as I continued to use the software
things started to speed up, just not as much as I had hoped. This led to slower
working which affected my final product greatly, making me unable to create new
modules that I might have put into the environment, although, I think what it
has works well in making a player feel more alone in space which few, if any,
people to talk to.
As I was making each
module, I would plan out what I would do and how I would go about doing it,
this would speed things up because I would have to think about it less when I
was half way through making each object. As a result each object ended up
looking like I wanted them to in a shorter time than what would be expected if
I hadn’t planned everything out.
In the end I think my
3D environment turned out great, the emptiness of the ship gives the feeling on
loneliness both within the ship and in space as a passenger/traveller. Each module
fits perfectly together as planned and the textures and colours suit the
environment and atmosphere well.
No comments:
Post a Comment